It's Done! Mom comes through, finally.

     Over a year ago my then 4 year old son asked me if I would knit him a sweater. His older brother has a couple sweaters that I knit when he was an only child but I never got around to knitting one for kid #2. (I know you understand)

     So we went to the store and he picked out the yarn that he wanted and I found this pattern on Ravelry. If you knit or crochet and you haven't wasted hours on Ravelry...I apologize now for the time you are about to invest on that site.  Good Luck.
I started knitting this sweater over a year ago
image from ravelry.com

You can purchase the pattern here for $5
like most knitting projects, I put it down for a couple months. I picked it back up this November and my goal was to give it to him for Christmas. Because the way I see it...how long do I have before he starts thinking that a homemade sweater isn't "cool." By Christmas Eve it was a one-armed sweater. So I gave up on the Christmas goal figured I would give it to him for his birthday in March and just continued working on it here and there. Well, I finished today and gave it to him immediately. 
     It was a GREAT pattern that was knit on a circular needle but I chose double-ended needles because I find them to be more portable for whatever reason. The best part of the pattern was that there were NO SEAMS! Boy do I hate seaming up a project one it is almost done. It's something I always put off for a long time just because of how tedious and precise it is. 

Here is Andrew in his new sweater

He says that the love inside keeps him warm. That kid melts my heart.

originally posted on ballinwithballing.blogspot.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Modeling Mitosis with Oreo Cookies 1e: Designing Coherent Instruction

Ugly Sweaters and Vocabulary Review

Charlotte Danielson in Action