4a: Reflecting on Teaching with an organized "TO DO" folder

     Like any other teacher I am constantly revising my curriculum based on student likes/dislikes, new motivation strategies, incorporating new labs, review games, etc. It is very overwhelming to keep it organized so here is the method I have devised.
     I have a folder where I keep all ideas for future units. In that folder there is a separate sheet of paper for each unit.
a separate sheet for each unit
Any random ideas I generate throughout the year that would apply to that unit are jotted down on a post-it note and stuck onto the sheet of paper.
post-it notes with ideas
post-it notes with ideas
     What did we ever do before paperclips and Post-it Notes?

Any labs that I want to rewrite or handouts I have found are paper clipped to that sheet of paper. This way I am more likely to revise the units as I go through the year.
labs, handouts for rewrites and modifications paper clipped to it.

 This is what works for me.  How do you organize all of those future ideas and modifications?

This post originally featured on ballinwithballing.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Modeling Mitosis with Oreo Cookies 1e: Designing Coherent Instruction

Charlotte Danielson in Action

Ugly Sweaters and Vocabulary Review