Pizza on the grill



     Have you ever grilled pizza?  It is amazing! I'm going to show you how I  made a pizza on the grill last night.


     First, I started with pre-made bread dough and stretched it out onto a cookie sheet.

     I prepped all of the veggies and toppings so I didn't have to go in and out of the house 5,000 times. I'm a fan of veggies on my pizza but you can use whatever toppings you want.


Sometimes I use tomato sauce, sometimes I make it without tomato sauce. This is my favorite non-tomato sauce. If you are in the Buffalo, NY area I have found this in our local Tops and Wegman's grocery stores. Here is the link to the Beano's website.



 Once your toppings are ready, toss that dough on to a grill at a medium temperature and close the lid. After approx. 5 minutes take the crust off the grill (once it looks like the crust below). Place the dough browned-side up on your cookie sheet.

Add your sauce

and toppings.


Instead of pepperoni, I tried an italian meat called Coppa (it's similar to prosciutto). It was WAY better than pepperoni in my opinion.


Place the pizza on the grill and close the lid.


I usually try to keep the grill at 350 degrees because my grill has an external thermometer. I usually open the lid if it gets too hot.

Keep the knobs at a medium heat.

It turned out amazing.  It takes very similar to pizza that has been cooked in a brick oven.

Now, I know you're thinking that my family will never eat a pizza with veggies on it, I agree.  My boys want a traditional pizza with tomato sauce and pepperoni's you can do that too on the grill! Make the pizza anyway you want.

This is my son's pizza:


My other son prefers his pizza without cheese.

And last but not least, I already mentioned that I live in the Buffalo area therefore I'm sue you're aware that us Buffalonian's dip our wings and pizza into blue cheese dressing. This is my favorite brand and it's low in calories. Bolthouse Farms Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing.

Happy Grilling!

originally posted on ballinwithballing.blogspot.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Modeling Mitosis with Oreo Cookies 1e: Designing Coherent Instruction

Charlotte Danielson in Action

Ugly Sweaters and Vocabulary Review